Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
.tel pre order
3/23/2009 22:37
Hi,

Want to ask, do you refund the money if failed to register the domain?
Reply Quote
3/23/2009 23:08
We give an account credit for the full $10.99. Sorry, we don't give refunds for failed pre-orders.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
3/23/2009 23:20

That information needs to be on your preorder page.

IN BOLD LETTERS.

I did NOT know this until after I preordered.

My credit card company will not be happy to hear about your lack of information on the ordering page.

This is beginning to look like a huge money grab.

Reply Quote
3/23/2009 23:27
I think it should be like j_s_york_us said ...
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 04:39
wow.. are you kidding me? Account credit?

Interesting how it shows UNAVAILABLE .tel as AVAILABLE on this site... like.... sex.tel

[This post has been edited by j_d_mechanicsville_us on Mar 24, 2009 4:40am.]
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 08:22
fuck
I pre-ordered 5 available .tel domains here, but I got nothing!
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 08:24
Dynadot is just cheating us to add funds here!
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 08:45
I got a bunch, but I must admit Dynadot did pretty horribly in this battle of domain grabbing as soon as the registry came online. I could have registered mine at Network Solutions for $30 or so an entire twenty minutes before Dynadot acquired them. Dynadot is new to domain catching, so I'm sure they'll learn how to improve for the next TLD.

[This post has been edited by cee on Mar 24, 2009 8:45am.]
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 09:34
It is unfair to refuse to do refunds.I have got no domains from this joking pro-order.You should improve your Quality of Service,not cunningly to ask people add funds.Otherwise we will leave Dynadot,I am so angry although I am an old customer.And I am so sad to see dynadot become worse and worse.
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 10:05
Just tested now,

http://www.dynadot.com/domain/launch.html

Although I have got my domains but it still says domians avilable and asking for 10.99 USD

example try ben.tel , try tel.tel
Reply Quote
3/24/2009 20:57
The reason it took so long to get to some of the preorders was because we had so many to process. Also, the connection to Telnic was really slow, so that each registration took about 8 seconds. But we registered about 80% that were not reserved by Telnic, not illegal (all numbers), and not already registered in sunrise.

For those of you that tried to register sex.tel or other high value domains, it failed because many of those domains are reserved by Telnic. The reason they showed as available in the search is because we were not checking availability in the preorders because the central registry was already offline, in the "quiet period" before launch. This was mentioned on the launch page.

We will add more text about account credits for failed preorders next time. But it is stated in our article which we emailed to everyone.

http://www.dynadot.com/resource/article/qa.html?aid=26

Also note that we do not charge a premium for preorders like some other registrars. $10.99 will be the regular price for TEL domains going forward. If people want us to refund all failed preorders in the future, we could do that, but we would have to charge much more to cover the transaction costs and additional time required of our staff.

Dynadot Staff

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Mar 24, 2009 9:20pm.]
Reply Quote