Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
NS2.DYNADOT.COM OFFLINE - HOSTED DNS DOWN - SUPPORT IS "BUSY"
3/19/2022 22:10
Ultra40:~$ dig @ns2.dynadot.com dynadot.com

; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> @ns2.dynadot.com dynadot.com
; (4 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Ultra40:~$ dig @ns1.dynadot.com dynadot.com

; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> @ns1.dynadot.com dynadot.com
; (4 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
Reply Quote
3/19/2022 22:11
Not sure what it takes to let someone know, since I cant open a ticket, cant chat with support and cant call anyone?
Reply QuoteHide Replies
t_i_chicago_us replied c_c_owasso_us :3/19/2022 22:14
Experiencing the same thing. All domains are not resolving. Complete outage.
Reply Quote
c_c_owasso_us replied t_i_chicago_us :3/19/2022 22:17
Been a customer for years, but this is an eye opener, cant even open a bloody ticket. Thinking about going through the pain of migrating all my domains does not make me happy, but AWS and Digital Ocean are happy to take my business and they at least have after hours support.
Reply Quote
s_s_raisinghnagar_in replied c_c_owasso_us :3/19/2022 22:25
same here
Reply Quote
a_c_chicago_us_11 replied c_c_owasso_us :3/19/2022 22:28
We have thousands of domains.... Would take me a long time to migrate away. This is a critical issue. We are losing thousands in revenue every hour.
Reply Quote
ab_21_uk replied c_c_owasso_us :6/8/2022 00:29
THINKING AT SAME THING :d
Reply Quote
3/19/2022 22:58
Just a heads up for anyone facing this I just had to rush over one of my main domains to Digital Oceans Name Servers, you could do the same thing with AWS Route53, you will just have to port your DNS records over and point your NS records at Route53/DigitalOcean/Azure/GCP/Whatever is more reliable.

I am going to have to think about what this means for me as a customer in keeping Dynadot, what if this was a domain hijacking or security issue? There is really not even a freaking batphone number for emergencies? Been a customer for a long time, just blown away this is how they are doing business.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
an_wo_ replied c_c_owasso_us :3/20/2022 02:00
Any idea how long will the propagation take?
Reply Quote
c_c_owasso_us replied an_wo_ :3/22/2022 07:06
My TTL's were set pretty low but I think the industry standard warning is up to 48 hours. Mine took about two hours. Google DNS got the change instantly.
Reply Quote
3/22/2022 12:35
Alright just moved my last domain here to namecheap, sad, I was a customer for a long time and had always recommended your services. Hope the money you saved not covering nights and weekends for outage support is worth the bad reputation you are earning. It was nice being a customer when you used to care.
Reply Quote