Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Subdirectories Redirect
2/27/2013 06:30
I have many items which people are trying to access, which no longer exist - I would like to redirect them to my root '/index.html' website page; could you please explain to me how I could do this?

I have already tried using .htaccess files, and think it would be great if you could explain this feature.

Something similar to:

"
redirect 301 /encyclopedia/ /
redirect 301 /directory/ /
redirect 301 /Currency_board /
redirect 301 /administrator/ /
redirect 301 /admin.php /
"

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
2/27/2013 06:39
Found my answer here: http://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/customized-404-pages
Reply Quote
2/27/2013 17:50
Excellent!  Let us know how it goes.  :)
Reply Quote
6/20/2023 09:28
To redirect users to your root '/index.html' page for URLs that no longer exist, you can utilize the `.htaccess` file on your web server. This file allows you to configure various server settings and handle URL redirections. Here's an example of how you can set up redirects using the `.htaccess` file:

1. Create or edit the `.htaccess` file: Open a text editor and create a new file named `.htaccess`. If you already have an existing `.htaccess` file, you can edit that instead.

2. Add the redirect rules: Inside the `.htaccess` file, you can specify the redirect rules using the following format:
```
Redirect 301 /old-url /index.html
```
The `301` indicates that it's a permanent redirect, and `/old-url` should be replaced with the specific URL path you want to redirect from. `/index.html` should be replaced with the destination URL you want to redirect to.

3. Save the file: Save the `.htaccess` file and upload it to the root directory of your website using FTP or any file transfer method supported by your web hosting provider.

Once the `.htaccess` file is in place, any incoming requests for the URLs you specified in the redirect rules will be redirected to your root '/index.html' page.

Here's an example with multiple redirect rules:
```
Redirect 301 /encyclopedia/ /index.html
Redirect 301 /directory/ /index.html
Redirect 301 /Currency_board /index.html
Redirect 301 /administrator/ /index.html
Redirect 301 /admin.php /index.html
```

In this example, all requests to '/encyclopedia/', '/directory/', '/Currency_board', '/administrator/', and '/admin.php' will be redirected to '/index.html'.

there is one website called  https://redirectchecker.com/ there you can see the all redirect path of the url.
Reply Quote