Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Wildcard subdomains
Posted By leech
1/23/2018 05:37
Hi,

Is there a way to create an A record with wildcard support?

For example I want to do something like: *.apps.domain.com

So that I can create subdomains to `apps` on the fly without modifying the DNS records. AWS Route53 let you create an `*.apps` A record, for example.

Thanks
Reply Quote
2/1/2018 12:49
Sorry, our DNS settings don't support wildcard subdomains at this time. I will pass the request on to our engineers to see if it's something we could introduce in the future. You would be able to create a regular '*' wildcard subdomain if that would help, but we wouldn't support a '*.apps' subdomain.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
s_a_yardley_us replied teamdynadot :4/4/2021 10:29
Any update on this -- 2 years is a long time for a simple feature like this (almost every other provide supports it)
Reply Quote
4/9/2021 09:29
Hi, thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, we don’t have a wildcard for subdomains. We did pass this to our engineering team but sadly this feature has not been implemented yet. If we do add this, you will be notified through our monthly newsletter.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
s_a_yardley_us replied teamdynadot :6/30/2021 06:38
Any update on this -- it is very surprising that wildcard is still not supported.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied s_a_yardley_us :7/6/2021 00:38
Hello, the feature has been implemented already. You can add wild subdomains under Dynadot DNS.
Reply Quote
mariand replied teamdynadot :5/13/2022 11:33
Hello, and how exactly can it be done? Thank you!
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied mariand :5/23/2022 22:51
Hello, you can set up wildcard subdomain under our DNS, such as,
*.site.domain.com
*.site.site.domain.com
*.site.site.site...domain.com
Please feel free to contact our chat support if you have any issues, our team will be able to help you specifically.
Reply Quote
c_washington_us_1 replied s_a_yardley_us :10/15/2022 14:29
I use Dynadot and porkbun. When I need a wildcard I transfer my name to porkbun. :-) Sorry dyna but it is a huge thing in my referral business to have wildcard subdomains. If you want any free help you can checkout com-fl dot us.
Reply Quote
mariand replied teamdynadot :5/13/2023 06:01
Hi it's been so long, is this feature implemented? It's a simple implementation and everyone already has it, is it at least on your backlog?
Reply Quote
10/15/2022 14:31
I love Dynadot but I have to transfer names I need wildcards on to porkbun.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
c_washington_us_1 replied c_washington_us_1 :6/9/2023 13:28
It was added last year, thanks. There are a few hoops to jump through, but its better than not having it. At Porkbun its a one-click action, bam! Full in the sub-domain name.
Reply Quote