Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Additional API functions
10/24/2012 08:02
Hi Guys,

Convenient API.  I'd like to request a few additional functions:

* transfers via API.

* listing of my own domains via the API.

* querying own-domain settings via the API.

* querying registration costs via the API (ie, I supply a TLD like .com and it returns me a list of periods/costs).

* Balance inquiry via the API
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 16:15
Awesome.  Thanks for your feedback!  We'll forward this over to our engineering team for review.
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 01:03
Would you perhaps know when the next API revision would become available to start utilizing these functions?

Another idea would be to provide a function (in combination with the pricing above perhaps) to query what TLDs are available as well.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 15:36
No, we don't have an estimated time frame yet.  We'll post on the forums when we have an update.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 05:26
Would like to see these also.

For our needs I would like to add few more:

- support for .eu domains (additional info could be passed with parameters)

- safe setting/limit for API so you would not buy 1000$ premium domain by accident (querying registration costs would also be useful to make check to our system)
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 17:47
Great ideas, thank you!
Reply Quote
1/31/2013 07:53
Hello,
Is there any way I can set the A record via API for a domain name ?

What I'm looking is:

1.  User Register Domains from my application
2.  All the registered domains will point to my server
3.  In my Server, I will check the domain and Proceed.

I'm stuck with the 2nd Functionality. Please help me through.

Matt
Reply Quote
2/3/2013 17:03
I'm sorry but we do not have that ability through the API.  Since we do not have reseller accounts, our functions are focused more on the individual user.
Reply Quote
2/3/2013 17:03
I'm sorry but we do not have that ability through the API.  Since we do not have reseller accounts, our functions are focused more on the individual user.
Reply Quote
9/26/2014 01:40
Thanks guys, the advanced (v3) API is looking very good so far, much more comprehensive.  Busy working on that now, I do still have one additiona request:  The ability to retrieve my account balance via the API. We're integrating this into our CRM system such that we don't need individual staff to log in to the dynadot interface, however, I do need an alert of when I need to log in to add more prepaid credit.  Even if there is just some way to have dynadot drop me an email when it reaches some value that'll be adequate for our needs but I'd prefer a call to get the current value.
Reply Quote
9/30/2014 12:41
That's a good idea, thank you. It's been submitted to our team. We'll let you know when there is an update.
Reply Quote