Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
API from multiple IPs
12/12/2007 13:31
I feel this would be a great addon. I love your API function but I just wish I could allow the API code on more than one IP. Is this possible? Any chance of it happening?
Reply Quote
12/12/2007 18:23
That is on our feature request list, but I'm not sure if/when we will be allowing multiple IPs per account.
Reply Quote
1/26/2008 19:02
Can we rush this feature to the top of the list? Many registrars such as Moniker allow multiple IP's to access their API. I would purchase more domains at Dynadot if your API allowed multiple IP's per account.
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
1/27/2008 05:20
Why do you need multiple IPs ?
Reply Quote
Posted By podzap
1/28/2008 09:53
Again, think about the reasons why a person would want to use a registration API in the first place.
Reply Quote
4/12/2008 01:34
Hello,

Any updates on multiple IP API access? It's much needed,

Thank you.
Reply Quote
4/15/2008 11:35
Sorry, it is still on our request list, we just have not gotten to it yet.
Reply Quote
4/16/2008 15:26
still waiting on this also. Do you guys do your feature requests based on the number of people wanting that specific request? If so, I would think this should be pretty high on the list :)
Reply Quote
4/22/2008 09:13
If you want this feature you need to buy more bulk accounts.  The more accounts, the more API's.

[This post has been edited by sonobe on Apr 22, 2008 9:14am.]
Reply Quote
7/1/2008 11:22
Does dynadot really want people creating multiple accounts with them? Most companies request that each user only have one account.
Reply Quote
7/2/2008 00:36
Could you not just tunnel your requests via the one IP?

Since you won't be able to send simultaneous requests I don't really understand what muli IPs will give you. The api currently responds in around 300ms to an availability check. This can easily 'kept busy' from one IP. Or are you assuming that if they offer multi IPs each one will function as a separate API account? Maybe they will simply share the same request queue anyway .. so if you send a request from one IP before the reply has been sent to another your API account will lock.
Reply Quote