Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Setting Sub Domains with "set_dns" - Not Working
7/1/2013 11:34
When I try to set a sub domain using the set_dns command, it wipes out all my sub domain records.

This is the url I've been using to try this:
https://api.dynadot.com/api3.html?key=MY_KEY&command=set_dns&domain=MY_DOMAIN&main_record_type=a&main_record=IP_ADDRESS&sub_record_type0=a&sub_record0=SUB_IP_ADDRESS
Reply Quote
7/11/2016 12:10
I realize this thread is really old just found it through googling. The fact that I have to submit ALL of the information again rather than just say change sub_record_type9=whatever is kind of ridiculous.
Reply Quote
7/15/2016 14:23
Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your thoughts and are always working towards improving our products and services.
Reply Quote
5/5/2021 10:20
This issue raises in 2013, and i can't believe Dynadot Architect and Engineers are still not improving their API.  Is 2021, fast forward 7 years, the same issue happens to me.  I just signed up recently and I was shocked to see the same issue.  it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to wipe out all the records by just needed to add 1 record.   The solution given to me is that when adding 1 record, i need to make sure i include all the previous records.  If i have 40 records, wanted to add 1, i have to submit my payload with total of 41 records.  How on earth i get the previous 40 records in the first place ?  This is definitely a design issue.  go-acme/lego has rejected to add dynadot as their provider when I was talking to them https://github.com/go-acme/lego

I need a solution from Dynadot for this and stop using XML for API please.  Please make a new version 4 that support JSON
Reply Quote
Posted By e___us
9/3/2022 22:35
It's 2022 now, 9 years past and it is still an issue. If `set_dns` or `set_dns2` is designed to work this way. Could you provide a new API, namely `update_dns_record`, supports updating/adding a single DNS record under a specific domain?
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied e___us :9/12/2022 22:36
Thanks for your suggestion. We will definitely forward your request to our API team.
Reply Quote
chrisonline1205 replied e___us :11/18/2022 05:38
Just found this thread after trying to add one record and ALL my other records are now gone :-(
Please, please change this or add at least another option for "update_dns_record".
Reply Quote
11/18/2022 05:38
Just found this thread after trying to add one record and ALL my other records are now gone :-(
Please, please change this or add at least another option for "update_dns_record".
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied chrisonline1205 :11/21/2022 21:57
Yes, we have the requests from you guys and will definitely change this part as soon as possible.
Reply Quote